After Her Mother’s Own Heart: The Children’s Vintage Collection

by Amber Magnolia Hill on March 22, 2012

But of course! I’ve only thought about doing this for the last 3 1/2 years.

Mycelia and I had a lot of fun taking these photos yesterday. She’s pretty expressive in front of the camera. Last week we were cleaning out her drawers (after being gifted a big bag of AMAZING clothes from my friend Nikiya) and she asked me “Mama, what’s vintage?” I could tell she’d been wondering for a while, considering that I’ve been doing this for as long as she can remember. We talked about it and decided to add a children’s vintage section to my shop. She’s old enough now to decide what she wants to keep and what she can let go of (which she’s really good at!), AND she’s old enough to be my model (I called it being my “helper”) without complaining too much.

(I love it that her favorite pose isn’t a modeling pose at all but a yoga pose)

All items are now listed in the shop! And we’ll certainly continue to offer kid’s vintage in the future

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Alicia March 22, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Are you going to start selling kids vintage? Any tips for finding some darling 3t sizes?

Amber of Violet Folklore March 22, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Hey Alicia! I would just search around Etsy’s vintage section for “3t”

Missa March 23, 2012 at 12:37 am

What a fun addition this will be to the shop Amber, and really, you couldn’t ask for a better “helper,” Mycie is perfect for the job! Speaking of perfect, that little brown dress… AMAZING.

Celynne March 23, 2012 at 8:05 am

She’s so cute in that yoga pose :) Talk about mother-daughter fun.

anne March 25, 2012 at 12:37 am

too dang cute! i love the yoga poses!

tehya March 25, 2012 at 1:43 am

she’s so adorable, what a sweet helper! love that you added this bit, my little is so very down with her vintage, though she’s not one to let go of pieces very easily. i didn’t realize when you posted this sweet picture on facebook that you were selling these.. i want the brown one, is it long gone?!

Jane from Mod Cloth Clothing April 4, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Cute kid. Do you have her in children’s yoga? That’s an awesome lotus she’s rocking!

childrens clothing philadelphia May 11, 2012 at 2:54 am

Very cute dress for kids, these are so colorful that kids will love them. I liked the white and red dress very much.